DIOCESE OF SAN JOSE
POSITION TITLE: Service Desk Analyst
The Service Desk Analyst is the helpful and friendly face of support for Diocesan and school employees. This role is part of a support team, helping both local and remote users gain the most from Diocesan technology systems. Successful candidates are familiar with industry best-practices, have solid experience in Windows and Mac application support, and are self-motivated with a flair for positive human interaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
(other duties may be assigned)
- Provide front-line OS, application, and hardware support for local and remote users
- Perform user access and account management in Active Directory
- Support IT asset lifecycle management (procurement, imaging, deployment, tracking, dispositioning) for Diocesan supported hardware and software
- Provide IT related orientation and training for new hires
- Prepare, provision, maintain, and retire distributed technology systems (e.g., laptops, desktops, printers, phones, etc.)
- Prioritize, track, and document all service activities via Service Management (ticketing) system
- Provide timely incident management and service fulfillment activates in accordance with Service Level Objectives
- Execute all activities in compliance with established Information Security and IT Service Management controls (e.g., change, incident, and problem management)
- Support the testing, validation, and documentation of software and hardware systems
- Create and maintain support documentation for consumption by end-users and IS staff
- Occasional after-hours support for Diocesan projects, initiatives, and IT systems maintenance
- Create a positive customer support experience with a consummately professional attitude
- Maintain and ensure strict confidentiality of information.
- Work as a member of the team by promoting the mission and philosophy of the Catholic Diocese of San Jose.
OTHER OR SHARED RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 2+ years of service desk support experience in a Windows and Mac technology environment
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- Relevant Certifications; A+, HDI, Microsoft MTA, MCSA
- Core Requirements include functional knowledge and experience with:
- Windows and Mac desktop OS and application support
- Mobile device and application provisioning, maintenance, and management
- Networking concepts and troubleshooting, especially the TCP/IP protocol suite
- VoIP client configuration and troubleshooting
- Client hardware & peripheral configuration, provisioning and troubleshooting
- Multi-function printers and plotters
- File systems structure, permissions, and access support
- Active Directory User and Computers administration
- SLA-driven task management
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Strong verbal communication and documentation skills, including experience translating complex technical subjects in a way that is meaningful to the target audience
- Ability to maintain a professional, positive and friendly manner always
- Ability to multi-task, shift focus, and prioritize workflow with minimal supervision
- Ability to engage peers and leadership in process improvement and problem resolution
- Familiarity with ITIL/ITSM concepts
- At least 7+ years of relevant work experience.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible directly related work experience.
- A. or B.S. degree or equivalent education required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge in the Catholic Church work setting
Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as effective communication with all levels and excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
Computational Skills: Strong mathematic, calculating, accounting and budgeting skills required.
Reasoning Ability: Excellent assessment and reasoning, problem-solving skills
Technical Skills:Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software. Experience in the most current technologies and products used in the industry.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver's license required.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, use hands in repetitive motion tasks, handle objects and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms and occasionally lift up to 40 lbs.
Physical Environment:When working at the chancery offices the employee will work in an individual cubicle, the cubicles are situated next to one another, the noise level is generally quiet. When working at parishes throughout the Diocese the physical environment will vary.
Working Conditions:The employee's office location is at the chancery, but the employee must be willing and able to transport self to parish and school sites as required. He/she must be able to work cooperatively with other members of the staff, with parish personnel and outside contractors and be able to multi-task. Must be able to serve on committees (which occasionally meet in the evenings and on weekends) with all levels of Church hierarchy. Must be able to make public presentations. Travel is frequently required within the Diocese. Work outside normal working hours also required as necessary to accomplish the job duties.
Other Requirements: Must have own transportation/vehicle for use on the job (reimbursable expenses). Ability to articulate and communicate the vision, mission, and philosophy of the Diocese of San Jose. Ability and willingness to operate within complex, culturally and economically diverse environment, including a multicultural workforce. Ability and willingness to operate within a complex, culturally and economically diverse environment, including a multicultural work force.