THE CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF CLEVELAND
Senior Nutrition Services Associate – Payroll Full-time, Non-exempt
The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland was founded on April 23, 1847. Under the leadership of the Most Reverend Nelson Perez, bishop of Cleveland, it is the twenty-third largest diocese in the United
States. The diocese encompasses the counties of Cuyahoga, Summit, Lorain, Lake, Geauga, Medina, Wayne and Ashland. There are more than 677,000 Catholics in the Diocese, and Catholic Charities- Diocese of Cleveland is one of the largest diocesan systems of social services in the world. There are 185 parishes, 110 Catholic schools, 1 pastoral center and 1 mission office within the diocese. The cathedral is the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist, located in downtown Cleveland.
Please go to our website, www.dioceseofcleveland.org, for more information about the mission, persons, and ministries within our diocese.
This position exists to assist in fulfilling the mission of the Office of Catholic Education to commit our experience and energies to lead and assist those who carry out the educational ministries of the Diocese of Cleveland. In carrying out this mission, the incumbent is expected to actively support the operations and financial management of the Nutrition Services programs in a professionally competent and respectful manner. The incumbent is expected to be accountable for complete and thorough handling of assigned duties; demonstrate strict confidence in handling sensitive situations and data, and exhibit good judgment and administrative follow-through
- Exhibits collegial, competent and mission-driven performance while adhering to diocesan and Secretariat policies, practices and directives, and agreed upon performance objectives and administrative procedures.
- Coordination of the determination of students/families eligible for free meals based on USDA direct certification criteria three times yearly. Works closely with Director, Nutrition Services, the Ohio Department of Education, and individual school administrative staff to collect student information necessary to perform eligibility matches to Ohio Department of Job and Family Services data, verify matches, notify schools and families of automatic eligibility based on matches, oversees updates to direct certification student status throughout school year.
- Annual distribution and updated record-keeping of “Begin Lists” of students eligible for Free and Reduced-Priced meals prior to October 1 each year when current year application processing results become effective.
- Performs verification process of applications on file for free and reduced price benefits and reporting of results to Ohio Department of Education.
- Schedules, organizes, prepares, data enters, reviews, transmits and reconciles site-level payrolls ensuring that payrolls are processed accurately and timely.
- Maintains database records and personnel files of cafeteria-level personnel data including originals of job applications, tax forms, fingerprinting, Virtus, Sanitation, HACCP, Personnel Handbook related forms, salary increases, performance evaluation, invitation to return and other related documents
- Maintains detailed written procedures for completing payroll processing tasks and creates and updates payroll related forms, including employee time sheets.
- Prepares, processes and records authorizations and salary schedules, indicating changes in employee status including promotion, separation, retirement and all adjustments relating to cafeteria level employees.
- Provides information and assistance to employees regarding wages, voluntary deductions and tax forms while ensuring compliance with state and federal agencies.
- Exercises good judgment in the application and interpretation of complex rules, regulations and procedures relative to participation in USDA Child Nutrition Programs.
- Maintains and updates, under the direction of the Director, the Nutrition Services Employee Handbook.
- Maintains hardware and software upgrades as required and uses the National Webcheck System for fingerprinting employees.
- Provides data-entry support of the Free and Reduced-Price Applications.
- Serves as backup to proofing of AP batches and AP data entry tasks.
- Actively participates in departmental staff meetings and provides, upon request, written activity
reports as well as routine status updates to the Director and/or Assistant Director. Responds in a professional manner to special project requests and other assignments deemed necessary by the Director.
- Knowledge of the Catholic Church and the Catholic faith, and commitment to the values, teachings and traditions of the Catholic Church.
- Equivalent of an Associate’s degree coupled with a minimum three years administrative supportexperience. Any combination of training and/or experience that demonstrates ability to perform the required duties including completion of college course work or certification in payroll processing.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish assigned duties with minimal supervision while meeting demanding deadlines and with required attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information, and to handle calls and contacts of a sensitive nature.
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills, as well as preparing and formatting written correspondence and documents required.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in using computer for word processing, database management, desktop publishing and spreadsheets. Must be proficient with Word and Excel.
- Excellent time management to successfully accomplish diverse and changing workload and responsibilities in a timely manner.
This is a non-exempt position. The position will remain open until it is filled.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references and completed Diocese of Cleveland Employment Application email@example.com. The application must be completed in full. Please avoidusing “see resume” for any field. For full consideration for any position, a cover letter, resume,reference information, and application must all be submitted. In the subject line please enter:
“Senior Nutrition Services Associate: Candidate Application Materials.” Review of all applications received will begin on August 5, 2019.