THE CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF CLEVELAND
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT FOR THE SECRETARIAT OF CLERGY AND RELIGIOUS
The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland was founded on April 23, 1847. Under the leadership of the Most Reverend Nelson Perez, bishop of Cleveland, it is the twenty-third largest diocese in the United
States. The diocese encompasses the counties of Cuyahoga, Summit, Lorain, Lake, Geauga, Medina, Wayne and Ashland. There are more than 677,000 Catholics in the Diocese, and Catholic Charities- Diocese of Cleveland is one of the largest diocesan systems of social services in the world. There are 185 parishes, 110 Catholic schools, 1 pastoral center and 1 mission office within the diocese. The cathedral is the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist, located in downtown Cleveland.
Please go to our website, www.dioceseofcleveland.org, for more information about the mission, persons, and ministries within our diocese.
The Secretariat for Clergy and Religious collaborates with the Bishop in a ministry of service and ongoing formation to those who serve as ecclesial ministers in the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland.
Provides excellent professional, administrative, secretarial and clerical support to the Vicar for Clergy and Religious, and as needed, provide such support for other Directors in the Secretariat.
Plan, prioritize, and organize the diversified office support needs, collaborating with and delegating to other administrative support staff.
Prepare correspondence, operate a variety of office technology hardware and software, file, and copying.
Manage the high volume of phone calls, demonstrating tact, confidentiality, professionalism, and responsive and supportive follow-up.
Provide welcome and hospitable reception to visitors and staff.
Prepare weekly announcements from the Secretariat, and other announcements as needed.
Using Diocesan protocol, track correspondence and maintain proper file retention.
Assist with planning and coordinating meetings and seminars.
Keep accurate calendars for Vicar and assist with tracking schedules for various staff.
Maintain accurate electronic files, maintain priest and deacon personnel and benefit files, Virtus files, and financial records files.
Facilitate financial payments, and maintain budget and expense accounts. Facilitate and process check requests.
Prepare budgets for the various offices of the Secretariat under the direction of the Vicar.
Update the Diocesan Directory as needed and assist with statistics on personnel and activities of the Secretariat.
Coordinate sufficient supply inventory for the Offices within the Secretariat. Assist with time and attendance tracking.
Support the Vicar for Clergy and Religious in cyclical projects, facilitating the planning and details for the various annual Jubilees, workshops, luncheons, special events and special projects.
Coordinate timely submissions to the Diocesan Memorandum on behalf of the Secretariat. Support the planning and coordination of events for the Secretariat.
- Knowledge of the Catholic Church, the Catholic faith, and Clergy of the Catholic Church. Strong alignment with and support of the values, teachings, and traditions of the Catholic Church.
- Associate’s Degree or two years of higher education. Bachelor’s degree or equivalency preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years training in business, office administration, or secretarial responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information, and to handle calls and contacts of sensitive nature specific to the Secretariat.
- Enthusiasm for serving in a variety of offices and supporting a variety of initiatives as needed.
- Excellent time management to successfully accomplish diverse and changing workload and
- Excellent skills in preparing and formatting written correspondence and documents.
- Experience and proficiency with a variety of software, data management, websites, etc. Must possess a high level of proficiency with in Word and Excel.
- Experience and excellent skills in using Outlook email functions and calendaring features.
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Dependability and accuracy in completing work assignments in a timely manner.
- Capacity and enthusiasm for being flexible and collaborative with other staff members.
- Dedicated to providing a highly professional experience and to positively contribute to an office environment and culture of respect, courtesy, confidentiality, empathy, and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in successful event management from small meetings to large-scale events.
- Demonstrated accuracy and efficiency in managing departmental invoices and completing payment processes established by the Vicar and the finance team.
- Handle calls and contacts of sensitive nature.
This is a non-exempt position. The position will remain open until it is filled. Selection of candidates
for interview will begin on May 15, 2019.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references and completed Diocese of Cleveland Employment Application to email@example.com. In the subject line please enter: “Administrative Assistant for the Secretariat of Clergy and Religious.” Position will remain open until filled. Formal review process of all complete submitted materials to identify candidates for interview will begin on April 15, 2019.