Marie Joseph Spiritual Center
Biddeford Pool, ME
A non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization, Marie Joseph Spiritual Center, located in beautiful Biddeford Pool, Maine was established in 1978 and is operated by the Sisters of the Presentation of Mary, a Roman Catholic religious organization. The Center is open year round, welcoming individuals and groups of women and men of all faith traditions who value time and space for reflection and a deeper relationship with their God in the peaceful presence of a praying community. The Center offers private and directed retreats and various sponsored and hosted day and overnight programs.
The Retreat Center is seeking a full time Retreat Center Director who can provide prayerful, compassionate leadership, with a passion for hospitality in the context of spiritual nurturance. The Director will oversee the Center’s staff, programs and facilities. Some evenings/weekends required.
The ideal candidate will be a committed relationship-builder who can nurture staff, and community relationships to further both the mission and financial needs of the retreat center. We seek a visionary leader and an excellent communicator who is well grounded in the Roman Catholic faith.
Four major areas of responsibility:
- passionate for preserving the atmosphere of a sacred space for spiritual encounters
- committed to high standard of service
- lead, delegate, and foster an engaged and effective staff
- accountable to the Administration of the Religious Community
- create balanced budgets and operate within them
- employ sound financial practices
Marketing & Development:
- recruit and develop relationships with current and new clients
- maintain and enrich the existing donor base
The candidate will have
- a solid praxis in the Roman Catholic tradition
- BA degree in Hospitality Management preferred
- 3+ years of retreat/conference center management experience to include marketing, bookkeeping, event scheduling, and building/grounds maintenance.
Full time benefit package includes health insurance, paid time off (PTO), holidays, life insurance and more.
This position is available to start 07/01/2019. To apply, kindly submit a cover letter describing your interest and sense of fit with the qualifications of the position plus a current resume to Sisters of the Presentation of Mary, Inc. Attn: Human Resources, 209 Lawrence Street, Methuen, MA 01844 or via email at email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
To learn more about our Retreat Center, visit: https://mariejosephspiritual.org/