Saint Joseph Catholic School (grades JK-8) located in historic Petersburg, Virginia seeks dynamic and highly qualified candidates for the position of Principal beginning with the 2019-20 school year.
Summary/Purpose: The Principal is responsible for the Leadership and Administration of the Catholic School including its Curriculum and Instruction, Faculty and Staff Development, Parent and Student Services, Community Relations, Finances and Facilities Management, Development and Recruitment.
- A practicing Catholic who understands and is dedicated to the ministry of Catholic education.
- A Master’s degree in Education (Commonwealth of VA Endorsement in Administration and Supervision required); five years teaching and/or administrative experience.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability of leadership, management, organizational, technological, and communication skills.
- Strong collaborative, communicative, creative, and critical thinking skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Fostering the Catholic identity of the school by promoting Catholic values and nurturing the faith formation and spirituality of faculty, staff, students and parents.
- Sustaining a working knowledge of the Church’s teachings regarding Catholic identity and the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools.
- Committing to academic excellence, with an emphasis on 21st century learning skills, innovative best practices, culturally responsive teaching strategies, and growth mindset.
- Working collaboratively with the Pastor, the School Advisory Board, faculty, and parents to foster a Catholic learning environment in every dimension of the school’s life and activity.
- Implementing and encouraging collaborative planning and leadership at all levels of the school.
- Communicating effectively with students, families and the parish community.
- Overseeing non-academic matters including, but not limited to, enrollment management, planning, budgets, development, marketing and maintenance of the physical plant.
- Maintain fiscal control, maintain documentation for expenditures, and report accurate fiscal information.
Salary:Commensurate with experience.
An introductory letter summarizing the candidate’s qualifications, a resume, and a completed Diocesan applicationshould be sent to the Saint Joseph Catholic School Principal Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled. The new principal is expected to begin July 1, 2019.
For more information about Saint Joseph Catholic School, visit http://www.saintjosephschool.com/