Principal, St. Joseph Mountain View – Mountain View, CA
The Diocese of San Jose is currently seeking a Principal for the 2019-2020 school year.
The principal is the spiritual, instructional, and administrative head of the school, and is responsible for the effective operation of the school as a Catholic educational institution. He/she is the primary agent for creating an environment that fosters Catholic faith formation, academic excellence, and vitality and viability. He/she is responsible for creating a welcoming atmosphere for all members of the school community (faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni and donors) and a climate that encourages the engagement of each student in the learning process while fostering a love for learning.
The responsibilities of the principal include but are not limited to:
- Providing leadership within the school and creating an environment that speaks of the Catholic identity of the school.
- Developing a rigorous educational program that meets the needs of the student population and maintaining a consistency in academic excellence in line with the school’s accreditation standards.
- Providing leadership among faculty, staff and parents that creates an inviting, welcoming, learning environment in which the diversity among students on all levels is both respected and appreciated.
- Creating an atmosphere, with faculty, staff and parents, that fosters a love of learning among students and supports the development of the whole child.
- Providing professional development for and facilitating collaboration among faculty that advances the academic and spiritual goals of the school.
- Operating the school in a fiscally responsible manner, recognizing his/her role as the primary steward of the Catholic school mission and ministry
- Preparing the annual school budget in collaboration with the Director of Finance for the Department of Catholic Schools and the school Finance Council and monitoring the budget once it has been approved.
- Maintaining the physical environment of the facilities and structures by ensuring their cleanliness and safety.
- Recruiting, hiring, supporting, and supervising faculty and staff, and performing annual evaluations.
The Preferred Candidate for Principal . . .
- is a well-informed, practicing Catholic, registered within a parish
- is in possession of a Masters in educational leadership or an administrative credential
- has prior experience as principal, and a minimum of 5 years of teaching, preferably in a Catholic school
- is passionate regarding the Catholic life of the school
- is an instructional visionary, adept at inspiring teachers in the pursuit of educational excellence
- is a people-person, accomplished at building and maintaining relationships and has good interpersonal skills
- is prudent in the managerial dimension of school life.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com