Full Time Primary Grade Homeroom, Teacher St. Leo the Great
St, Leo the Great Schoolis a welcoming, inclusive, and diverse community where students encounter Christ in a rigorous curriculum that educates the whole child.
Position Description: This is a full time teaching position at St. Leo the Great School, located in the Midtown area of San Jose. We are walking distance from the Diridon Train Station and the future Google Campus on West San Fernando Street and Race St. As a classroom teacher, you will be responsible for the planning, implementation, and assessment of a diverse class of students. You will be teaching all homeroom subjects, including Religion, English Language Arts (including writing), NGSS science, Social Studies, and Math in a self contained classroom and access to a new Makerspace for group projects and design challenges. The school hires an Art, Music, and PE teacher.
The ideal candidate must be dedicated to providing a 21st century education in a rigorous , Catholic School environment. The ideal candidate will possess at Valid California Teaching Credential and have prior experience teaching primary grades in a Catholic School. The candidate will be able to foster the spiritual, academic, social, and emotional education of highly successful student.
- Possess a valid California Teaching Credential
- Plan, implement, monitor, and assess a comprehensive academic program consistent with Diocesan and local site goals, philosophies and specific objectives based on assessment of student needs.
- Proven effective teacher of Core subjects of Language Arts, Religion, Social Studies, Science (NGSS) and Mathematics.
- Be an active participating member of a Catholic community.
- Enjoy working with students of all abilities, and be willing to make the accommodations necessary to help them be successful
- Have knowledge and proficiency in integrating technology (Ipads, ELMO projector, computer) to enhance instruction and motivate students
- Implement strong classroom management skills.
- Collaborative team player with faculty, staff and administration
- Participate in curricular and extra-curricular school programs, assessment and development activities, student supervision, and meetings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills of standards, objectives, assessment material, and student progress.
- Have fun and work hard while working with a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive community.
- Perform related duties as assigned
Salary will be set by Diocese of San Jose teacher salary scale.
Interested candidates should contact Matt Komar, Principal at 650-941-4056 or email email@example.com.