Diocese of Cleveland
Office of Catholic Education – Position AnnouncementPresident, Elyria Catholic High School
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Cleveland was founded on April 23, 1847. Under the Leadership of the Most Reverend Nelson J. Perez, Bishop of Cleveland, it is the twenty-third largest diocese in the United States. The Diocese encompasses the counties of Cuyahoga, Summit, Lorain, Lake, Geauga, Medina, Wayne and Ashland. There are approximately 700,000 Catholics in the Diocese, and Catholic Charities-Diocese of Cleveland is one of the largest diocesan systems of social services in the world. There are 185 parishes, 110 Catholic schools, 1 pastoral center and 1 mission office within the Diocese.
Please go to our website, www.dioceseofcleveland.org, for more information about the mission, persons, and ministries of our diocese.
The Office of Education provides expertise, experience, and energy to lead and assist those who carry out the education ministries of the Diocese of Cleveland. In steadfast support of our over 40,000 students and their families, the Office works to ensure that each school has the capacity to deliver strong, positive, irresistibly Catholic education for continued growth in academic excellence and faith formation.
The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland and Elyria Catholic High School are pleased to accept applications for the position of President. Elyria Catholic High School (ECHS) is a Diocesan–owned, comprehensive, co–educational, Catholic high school committed to academic excellence and the development of student gifts.. Enrollment is 400 students in grades 9through 12.
Celebrating our 70th anniversary this year, ECHS is the only co-ed Catholic high school on the west side of Cleveland, and has educated three generations of families with a nurturing environment and personalized approach to education.
Elyria Catholic became the first Lorain County school to be recognized as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by the United States Department of Education. ECHS students are prepared for the challenges of an increasingly complex, competitive, and challenging world. ECHS offers state of the art technology in all classrooms, one to one Chromebook initiative, rich and diverse academic opportunities including, college preparatory curriculum, honors, advanced and CCP offerings, a newly renovated chemistry lab, Makerspace, art, theatre, broadcasting, and business and engineering programs to list a few. A four year strategic plan has successfully moved EC forward with vision and a master plan.
Elyria Catholic students are surrounded by an engaged community of teachers, parents, alum, and friends and donors who take great pride in their successes and feel a profound sense of
commitment to support them both inside and outside of the classroom. A nurturing learning environment allows student to discover their unique gifts, inspired to pursue their own path to academic, athletic, social and spiritual development.
For more information about Lorain County and the city of Elyria, please visit
https://www.loraincounty.com/ https://www.loraincounty.us/ http://www.cityofelyria.org/
• A practicing Catholic in full communion with the Church, who is committed to the teachings, values, and traditions of the Catholic Church and able and willing to give witness to the faith at all times.
• Advanced degree in administration or the equivalent, with educational leadership experience preferred.
• Successful experience in Institutional Advancement/Development Management. Grant writing experience necessary.
• Experience in fiscal, facilities, and personnel management.
• Demonstrated ability to inspire a shared vision across constituencies in a Catholic Secondary School Community.
• Acts as chief executive officer of the school, responsible to the Catholic Diocese of Clevelandthrough the Secretariat for Catholic Education for all aspects of the school.
• Acts in unison with the principal to ensure excellent compliance with the Ohio Catholic SchoolAccrediting Association.
• Ensures a mission effectiveness and faith leadership in keeping with the Roman Catholic Church tradition.
• Monitors proper fiscal and facilities management of the institution.
• Effectively promotes the school and its programs to the extended community.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references and completed Diocese of Cleveland Employment Application firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please enter: “President, Elyria Catholic Candidate Application Materials.” Position will remain open until filled. Formal review processof all complete submitted materials to identify candidates for interview will begin on August 25, 2019.