The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, OFFICE OF WORSHIP (PART-TIME, 20 HOURS PER WEEK)
The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland was founded on April 23, 1847. It is the twenty-third largest diocese in the United States. The Most Reverend Nelson J. Perez was installed as the 11thBishop of Cleveland on September 5, 2017. The diocese encompasses the counties of Cuyahoga, Summit, Lorain, Lake, Geauga, Medina, Wayne and Ashland. There are more than 670,000 Catholics in the Diocese, and Catholic Charities- Diocese of Cleveland is one of the largest diocesan systems of social services in the world. There are 185 parishes, 110 Catholic schools, 1 pastoral center and 1 mission office within the diocese. The cathedral is the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist, located in downtown Cleveland. Members of the diocesan staff support the Bishop in ministering to the people of God by working together to provide vision, leadership and service to continue the mission of Jesus to transform the world. As a community, they are committed to live by the values of faith, dignity, stewardship and justice.
Position: Administrative Assistant, Office of Worship
The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland is currently seeking qualified candidates for Administrative Assistant in the Office of Worship. The Administrative Assistant, in concert with the Director ofthe Office for Worship, is supportive of the Bishop in his role as “chief steward of the mysteriesof God and the guardian, promoter and overseer of the liturgical life” of the Church ofCleveland.
The Administrative Assistant’s principal responsibility is to assist the Director in the work of theOffice for Worship through their professional office practices and in coordinating the programming of the office.
This position is a part-time (20 hours per week) non-exempt, hourly position. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Director of the Office for Worship.
- Assists the Director in organizing and enacting the business affairs of the Office for Worship.
- Demonstrates professionalism in communications with Office for Worship and diocesan offices, institutions and agencies served by the Office for Worship.
- Coordinates all formation program support activities of the Office for Worship.
- Maintains and updates liturgical database, and communicates with diocesan offices,
institutions and agencies in support of the Bishop’s liturgical schedule.
- Maintains and updates ministerial database, and communicates with diocesan offices,
institutions and agencies regarding ministerial formation tracking.
- Assists with logistics for major diocesan liturgies and workshops, as well as local,
national, international workshops or activities as requested.
- Coordinates with diocesan departments and Ordo publisher to submit yearly Ordo
- Organizes and maintains Office for Worship databases, files, records, and statistics.
- Coordinates electronic and print mailings, and updates mailing lists.
- Orders and conserves office supplies.
- Performs additional responsibilities as needed or directed.
- Infrequent evening and weekend work required.
- Demonstrated familiarity and understanding of the liturgical and sacramental life of the Roman Catholic Church. Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic Church, its teachings and traditions. Strong Commitment to the mission, ministry and evangelization charge of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Experienced in current business and office management practices and multifaceted administration methods.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent and at least three (3) years prior administrativeexperience.
- Excellent technical skills in all Microsoft Office programs, including Microsoft Access, and project-based financial management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills and attention to detail.
For Consideration: Submit a cover letter, resume, contact information for three professional references, and completed Catholic Diocese of Cleveland Employment Application to: email@example.com Position will remain open until filled. Review of materials to identify candidates to invite to interview will begin on April 5, 2019.