The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, OFFICE OF ONGOING FORMATION FOR CLERGY
(PART-TIME, 20 HOURS PER WEEK)
The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland was founded on April 23, 1847. It is the twenty-third largest diocese in the United States. The Most Reverend Nelson J. Perez was installed as the 11thBishop of Cleveland on September 5, 2017. The diocese encompasses the counties of Cuyahoga, Summit, Lorain, Lake, Geauga, Medina, Wayne and Ashland. There are more than 670,000 Catholics in the Diocese, and Catholic Charities- Diocese of Cleveland is one of the largest diocesan systems of social services in the world. There are 185 parishes, 110 Catholic schools, 1 pastoral center and 1 mission office within the diocese. The cathedral is the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist, located in downtown Cleveland. Members of the diocesan staff support the Bishop in ministering to the people of God by working together to provide vision, leadership and service to continue the mission of Jesus to transform the world. As a community, they are committed to live by the values of faith, dignity, stewardship and justice.
The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland is currently seeking an administrative assistant to support the Office of Ongoing Formation for Clergy (OOFC.) The position primarily performs secretarial duties and administrative tasks such as typing, computer operation, (ie. Word Processing; database management, Desktop Publishing, etc.); prepares and organizes conference sites and materials; coordinates office events and maintains calendar(s); schedules meetings as needed;maintains office’s social media platforms; and administers distribution allowances for various grants and sabbatical initiatives. The position reports to the Director of the Office of Ongoing Formation for Clergy.
- Performs all clerical functions and tends to business details for the OOFC office
- Plans own secretarial work; sets deadlines; maintains special files and records
- Administers sabbatical and other grants-based funds
- Assists Director in the development of new diocesan programs for priests and deacons
- Serves as secretary to certain committee, boards, and other areas as needed
- Handles confidential material and information for clergy formational development
- Maintains website content, updating and editing events and information;
- Creates materials using desktop publishing software; work with outside graphic artists as directed
- Coordinates meetings and conference scheduling and logistics; responsible for procuring conference sites; handles all clerical details and program inquiries
- Assists Director with and is contact person for the Priest and Deacon Convocation (one day and multi-day)
- Assists Director with Spiritual Director Training Program
- Serves as contact and support person for board members and other personnel on mattersrelative to program development.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed
- Oversees the financial management of the office (including billing, budgeting, grants,funds, and related transactions)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic Church, its teachings and traditions. Strong Commitment to the mission, ministry and evangelization charge of the Catholic Church
- Experience or demonstrated familiarity with the life and ministry of priests and deacons
- A minimum of five years secretarial or office administration experience
- A minimum of two years in a clerical or other-office supervisory role
- Experienced in current business and office management practices and multifacetedadministration methods
- Associate’s degree or post-secondary education or training in office administration,business, or other related field
- Excellent technical skills, speed and accuracy in word processing, desktop publishing,database management, and spreadsheet programs. Typing speed minimum of 60 wpm.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated familiarity with social media and general communications culture
- Must be capable of maintaining a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
For Consideration: Submit a cover letter, resume, contact information for three professional references, and completed Diocese of Cleveland Employment Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org Position will remain open until filled. Review of materials to identify candidates to invite to interview will begin on April 5, 2019.