Location Manager for Cemeteries - Diocese of San Jose, San Jose CA
The Location Manager of Cemeteries in the Diocese of San Jose is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and resources of three cemetery locations and is responsible for assuring staff serve families in a Family First, respectful, caring, and professional manner, while meeting their needs for cemetery services.
Location Manager for Cemeteries will demonstrate by example in all of their dealings with families, staff and internal/external contacts.
The Location Manager will interact with a broad range of people, such as staff, families, priests, parishioners, community leaders, and vendors to deliver a high-quality, high-value family experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Knowledge of the Catholic faith, rituals and traditions
- Able to prepare, forecast, analyze and meet budgets, as well as analyze financial reporting
- Prepare market and trend analysis, customer surveys, and assess organizational needs of the staff and service improvements.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, time management and organizational skills
- Familiar with marketing and special events planning and coordination
- Ability to coach and train highly performing individuals and teams
- Practicing Catholic with demonstrated leadership serving the faith community
- Provides regular assessment and documentation of Family Services results.
- Ensures the efficient and effective operation of the Cemetery offices.
- Works with the Field Supervisors and Field Operations so that transition of services from the office to the field are seamless.
- Manages the products and services offered to families for memorialization.
- Effectively utilize technologies and cemetery software programs to enhance customer service
- Direct staff to maintain excellent record keeping systems for the proper archival of cemetery data.
THIS POSITION SUPERVISES:
- FSC Counselors
- Memorialization Coordinator
- Outside Sales Staff
- Administrative Support Staff
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and/or Experience: College degree preferred, and/or 2-4 years of experience in sales or customer service management. Experience managing medium to large sales/customer service teams. Proven record of meeting or exceeding revenue goals.
Language Skills: Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to train and motivate. Bilingual preferred.
Reasoning Ability: Must be able to compile and interpret information to problem solve, make sound decisions and execute solutions in a timely manner.
Technical Skills: Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint). Experience working with database programs. Familiarity with standard office equipment, such as copier and fax machines.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Possess a current, valid CA Driver’s License and proof of automobile insurance.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, use hands in repetitive motion tasks, handle objects, hear and talk. The employee is often required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee may need to walk on grassy, sometimes wet, and uneven surfaces. The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Physical Environment: The employee is provided with an individual office or cubical space. The employee will frequently work in the administrative office area which is open, and often busy and noisy.
Working Conditions: The employee must be an effective manager with strong organizational and people skills. The employee must be able to work well independently and as a member of a team. The employee should be able to prioritize, multi-task and handle stressful situations. The employee must be physically present at one of two cemeteries during regular hours of operation (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) The demands of the workload may require some evening or weekend work. Regular travel occurs between cemeteries and throughout the Diocese, with occasional business travel.
Other Requirements: Knowledge and experience of ministry and the teachings of the Catholic Church, especially as it relates to death and the burial rites. The ability to focus and direct cemetery Outreach, Marketing as a ministry in the Church. The ability to handle confidential and sensitive information required.
How to Apply:
Please submit resume to April Ouellette at aouellette@DSJ.org.