Holy Spirit School is a Pre K – 8th(two classes of each grade) Drexel school located in the Almaden Valley in San Jose, California. As a Catholic school focused on academic excellence, we are also recognized for sending forth into the greater community, Christ-centered, compassionate, and confident leaders and problem solvers who exercise moral courage and serve to others in their daily lives. Our dedicated and knowledgeable faculty guides students to fully engage in their education. Using a rich array of teaching methods, teachers meet students where they are, and challenge them to flourish in academic performance and development of life skills.
We currently have an opening for a Kindergarten teacher. We are looking for an energetic, passionate, and dedicated staff member who truly wants to make a difference in the lives of students, uphold the mission of the school, and be an active participant of this rewarding ministry of Catholic education in the Diocese of San Jose.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be supportive of a faith-filled Catholic environment in both words and actions, including working with the parish collaboratively on sacramental preparation.
- Assist with instruction for students with diverse learning needs and have a willingness to implement the necessary accommodations in order to help them be successful, including accelerated learners.
- Possess knowledge of the California curriculum and content standards, as well as have demonstrable knowledge of Common Core Standards (including CA Common Core) and experience with pacing guides.
- Have a genuine openness to grow and adapt effectively to constructive criticism in a collaborative, fast paced environment.
- Be proficient in integrating technology into their curriculum regularly to enhance student learning, including the use of school information systems (SIS) to engage parent stakeholders and using relevant data to drive instructional effectiveness.
- Cover assigned staff duties, including recess and lunch, as well as other duties that may be assigned by the school administration.
- Assist with standardized test administration and Diocesan assessments under the direction of the school administration.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality over student and institutional information.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, and a masters is preferred;
- A valid CA teaching credential is required; however, if a candidate does not presently have a valid CA teaching credential they will be required to obtain one within a time period prescribed by the Diocese of San Jose;
- Experience and high level of comfort with integrating technology in the classroom
- Able to read, write and speak fluent English;
- Be supportive of a faith filled Catholic environment;
- Experience in working with elementary school children; and
- Have a strong work ethic and a passion for their chosen career in education.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter and resume to: