Jesuits Maryland Province Position Posting
Position Title: Health Center Administrator and Director of Health Care Services
Classification: Full Time (Monday – Friday)
Location: Manresa Hall located in Merion Station, PA
Reports to: The Superior of Jesuit Community of St Joseph's University
The Maryland Province of the Society of Jesus, one group within the Society of Jesus in the United States and one part of the worldwide body of Jesuits, has a full-time job opening for a Health Center Administrator and Director of Health Care Services. The ideal candidate will have clinical and administrative experience in acute and long-term environments, and this position will be responsible for the administration, health care planning, support functions, personnel, financial and systems management for Manresa Hall and Assisted Living in the Loyola Jesuit Community located in Merion Station, PA. The Director will support the mission and philosophy of the Society of Jesus through administration of all areas impacting healthcare and by meeting the health needs of those residing in the Jesuit Infirmary at Manresa Hall and Assisted Living in the Loyola Jesuit Community. This position will report to and consult with the Superior of the Jesuit Community regarding the health care needs of the men in both Manresa Hall and the Assisted Living men in Loyola Center. The Director will also consult with the Minister of the Jesuit Community regarding the coordination of health care needs and shared operations of the Manresa Hall and Loyola Center Community. This position indirectly reports to the Provincial Assistant for Health Care of the Maryland Province.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Health Care Services:
- Directs the provision of health care services for Manresa Hall and Assisted Care of Loyola Center Jesuit Community. Manresa Hall is a 17-bed facility and Loyola Center is an 8-bed facility.
- Reports to and consults with the Superior regarding the care of the men of Manresa Hall and those in Assisted Care in the Jesuit Community.
- Works with the Minister of the Community to assure the completeness of all Advance Directives for the residents of Manresa Hall and Assisted Care Jesuits of Loyola Center.
- Works with the Minister of the Community regarding health care needs of the Community men under care, and the shared operations of Manresa Hall and Loyola Center for the residents of Manresa Hall and Assisted Care Jesuits of Loyola Center.
- Collaborates with the Provincial Assistant for Health Care regarding admissions, evaluations and transfers and provides indirect reporting of healthcare updates and change in status of the men.
- Consults and collaborates with the Medical Director on implementing best practices for a “lives Centered” care living environment.
- Consults with the Minister/Chaplain on the ongoing spiritual and sacramental needs of the men.
- Maintains a medical record system that promotes high standards of care and quality assurance.
- Directs and manages all personnel for Manresa Hall and Assisted Care of Loyola Center including physician(s), nursing staff, therapy/recreation staff, housekeeping services, and professional consultants as needed to maximize the quality of care.
- Analyzes staffing requirements and works with Province Human Resources Department to meet staffing needs.
- Acts as site lead working with Province Human Resources Department on personnel matters such as hiring, new employee on-boarding, employee disciplinary actions, workers compensation claims for staff. Ensures that employees are aware of grievances process and have ready access to Policies and Procedures.
- Performs yearly performance reviews for all staff in accordance with Province evaluation process.
- Establishes chain of communication that ensures effective transfer of information among all staff members/employees.
- Coordinates or delegates the development of time schedules for nursing and other unit personnel to maintain twenty-four-hour coverage.
- Oversees and monitors staffing to ensure workload is appropriately allocated, reassigned as necessary, and prioritized appropriately.
Quality and Safety:
- Uses quality metrics to track performance and assure standards of profession in all areas.
- Collaborates with the Minister on fire, safety and disaster plans.
- Provides on going verification of all valid, active licenses and credentials of professional staff.
- Collaborates with the Provincial Assistant for Health Care of Maryland in developing, implementing and communicating clinical policies and procedures.
- Coordinates or delegates mandatory training and competency reviews on POC, Fire and Safety, Infection Control, HIPAA, Safe Lifting and Fall Prevention, Workplace and Elder Abuse for professional and non-professional staff as well as other programs to ensure best practices.
Budget/Jesuit Health Benefits:
- Collaborates with and provides recommendations to the Province Treasurer’s Office in developing appropriate annual/operational budget within Manresa Hall and men in assisted living.
- Recommends budgetary revisions as are deemed necessary during the year.
- Codes and verifies billing for Manresa Hall expenses before sending for payment to the Province Treasurer’s Office.
- Manages petty cash and supporting documentation for Manresa Hall.
- Manages and verifies bi-weekly payroll before submitting to Province Treasurer’s Office.
- Collaborates with the Minister on facility needs and completion of maintenance needs.
- Food Service Management: Participates with the Superior and Minister of the Community on review of costs and budget, contracts, menus, kitchen maintenance, special event planning, etc.
- Manages alliances with third party vendors and providers.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Superior
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a health-related field required. Master’s degree or equivalent in a health-related field preferred.
- Graduate of accredited School of Professional Nursing with a valid RN license.
- Current BLS American Heart Association required.
- Minimum five years of progressive clinical and administrative experience including acute and long-term care environments required.
- Minimum of five years supervisory experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong English oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of and commitment to the vision, values and mission of the Society of Jesus and the Jesuit Community.
- Experience with Point Click Care or other EMR helpful.
- Demonstrated competency in oral and written communication skills to include ability to effectively communicate with both lay and religious professionals.
- Demonstrated leadership, administrative, organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to oversee and lead a diverse work group.
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Familiarity with quality principles and long-term care regulatory standards.
- Ability to establish a working rapport and a trusting relationship with religiously vowed men of all ages.
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical management while providing optimum health care and fiscal stewardship.
- Ability to function successfully in a self-directed but collaborative work environment.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft products and EMR.
- Some travel required for annual health care related meetings, up to 15%.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Must be able to sit, stand, and walk as much as 12 hours per day.
- Must be able to frequently stoop, bend, reach, and lift up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, see, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Performs repetitive motion using wrists/hands for computer work. Frequently required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- 40-hour average workweek, flexible hours with evening and weekend work required on occasion.
- Willing and able to provide 24-hour support for the health care center.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you share the vision and values of the mission of the Society of Jesus and would enjoy establishing a trusting relationship with religiously vowed men, we invite you to submit a resume and cover letter to our Human Resources Department, at UNEhumanresources@jesuits.org and write “Health Center Administrator and Director of Health Care Services” in the subject line. If you have been referred by a current Northeast or Maryland Province employee, please write the name of the referring employee in the body of your email.
The Maryland Province offers a team-oriented work environment and a competitive compensation and employee benefits package to include: medical, dental and vision coverage, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, retreat leave and 403(b) Retirement Plan. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.