Most Holy Trinity School Published: June 21, 2019
First Grade Teacher - Most Holy Trinity School, San Jose
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be supportive of a faith-filled Catholic environment in both words and actions, including working with the parish collaboratively on sacramental preparation.
• Assist with instruction for students with diverse learning needs, and have a willingness to implement the necessary accommodations in order to help them be successful, including accelerated learners.
• Possess knowledge of the California curriculum and content standards, as well as have demonstrable knowledge of Common Core Standards (including CA Common Core) and experience with pacing guides.
• Have a genuine openness to grow and adapt effectively to constructive criticism in a collaborative, fast paced environment.
• Be proficient in integrating technology into their curriculum regularly to enhance student learning, including the use of school information systems (SIS) to engage parent stakeholders and using relevant data to drive instructional effectiveness.
• Cover assigned staff duties, including recess and lunch, as well as other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the school administration.
• Assist with standardized test administration and Diocesan assessments under the direction of the school administration.
• Maintain absolute confidentiality over student and institutional information.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, and a masters is preferred;
- A valid CA teaching credential is required; however, if a candidate does not presently have a valid CA teaching credential they will be required to obtain one within a time period prescribed by the Diocese of San Jose;
- Experience and high level of comfort with integrating technology in the classroom
- Able to read, write and speak fluent English
- Be supportive of a faith filled Catholic environment
- Experience in working with elementary school children, especially having an understanding of developmental stages; and
- Have a strong work ethic and a passion for their chosen career in education.
How to apply:
please send your resume and cover letter to Jamie McIntyre at email@example.com