Job Type: Full-time
Assists in all aspects of the cemetery grounds operation including, equipment upkeep, opening and closing of the graves, installation of memorials and markers and general clean-up of cemetery grounds.
• Assist with ground burials by excavating and backfilling grave and install concrete burial vault either by hand or with a mechanical device.
• Set up graves with a casket device, canopy and carpeting/ chairs. Act as pallbearer when needed.
- Make concrete foundation for memorials and install memorial markers on crypt fronts.
- Maintain and clean equipment for safe and proper use.
- Mow, trim, clean cemetery grounds with mechanical devices or by hand.
- Sweep or blow walkways, roadways, edge lawns and leaf pick up with mechanical devices or by hand.
- Perform janitorial work in mausoleums, buildings and restrooms. Gather and remove trash.
- Operate and maintain the irrigation system, repair and replace pipe and parts as needed.
• Perform miscellaneous cemetery jobs as directed by Cemetery management.Requirements
Ability to work full time each week (may be assigned Tuesday through Saturday or Monday through Friday, or on a rotating schedule)
Bilingual applicants (Spanish/English) strongly preferred.
Must go through a background check including fingerprint and drug screening
A valid CA driver’s license and clean driving record
Able to lift 100 lbs. and perform various physical tasks with ease
Education or Experience:
High school diploma and one year experience in a position that has similar essential functions Language Skills:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the manager, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers.Reasoning Ability:
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Individual must be able to work independently and as a contributing member of a team Diocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church and are expected to conduct themselves according to the mission and principals of the church.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employment will go to those individuals whose knowledge, training and experience most closely qualifies them for the positions offered without regard to race, color, creed, sex, marital status, age, disability, veteran status or national origin, except where creed, sex or ordination is a bona fide occupational qualifications