The Congregation of Holy Cross, US Province, Inc. is a community of Catholic, apostolic priests and brothers called by Jesus Christ and by Blessed Basil Moreau to be educators in the faith. Since 1837, the Province has educated both the mind and heart through their parishes, educational institutions, and their ministries spanning five continents.
As members of the Province, we are determined ambassadors of Christ’s message. Daily, we commit ourselves to the mission of Holy Cross and to the Church so that we can proactively serve others through our ministries of: education, parish, and mission. We are a vibrant and committed community thriving today with Blessed Moreau’s original zeal and passion to love and serve the people of God.
The Province seeks a Director of Province Development who is equally committed to the mission of Holy Cross and the Church and isn’t afraid of travel. The Director will be responsible for all of our philanthropic revenue streams, which allow us to educate the mind and heart of individuals all over the world. The Director will plan and organize all fund‐development activities that will maximize our impact in the communities we serve.
As Our Chief Development Officer, the Director will:
Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with the Province through its ministries
Develop and execute the annual development plan
Generate new ideas that increase philanthropic revenue and donor engagement Report on program progress to the Provincial Administration
Oversee the development budget and ensure we are being good stewards of the Province’s resources
The Director of Province Development will get to:
- Maintain long‐term relationships with existing donors
- Identify and build relationships with new and prospective donors
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, includingour donor database and wealth screening tools
- Administer signature fundraising and donor stewardship events
- Make direct, face‐to‐face solicitations
- Inspire key volunteers to assist in our development efforts through recruitment andtraining events
- Manage a motivated, dedicated development team to help in the Province’s efforts tofulfill the mission of Holy Cross
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree and eight to ten years in not‐for‐profit development. Current CFRE certification is desirable. This means you are well versed in all areas of charitable giving, including direct mail appeals and premiums, planned giving vehicles such as bequests and charitable gift annuities, and corporate and foundation grant making.
- Is an enthusiastic leader capable of managing diverse teams. You’re able to motivate your team to initiate and complete projects that will further assist in the cultivation and stewardship of our donors and prospects.
- Will actively and constantly listen to all constituents, focus on our donor needs, and know how to identify mutual benefits. The Director can communicate excellently and compel audiences through writing and speaking.
- Enjoys travel. The Director is expected to travel up to 50% of the time to better nurture our donorsIn return for your efforts, the Province offers a personally and spiritually rewarding environment considerate of work‐life balance and an outstanding compensation and benefits package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, medical/dental insurance, 403(b) retirement savings with an employer match as well as a pension plan.The Congregation of Holy Cross, U.S. Province, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates who are committed to our mission and the Church should submit their interest to Patrick J. Lynch Catholic Recruiter Associates, Pat@CatholicRecruiter.com