DIOCESE OF SAN JOSE Position Description
POSITION TITLE: Director of Family Life & Spirituality
REPORTS TO: Vicar for Evangelization HOURS: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
POSITION SUMMARY: The potential for authentic Catholic Family Life can be rich and beautiful. At the same time, the signs of our times call for embracing the realism and complexity of Catholic families today. The DIRECTOR provides leadership in all aspects of family life, administers programs in support of Catholic Family Life in parishes, provides pastoral support those on the margins of family life in the church and embraces the spirit of Amoris Laetitia/The Joy of Love.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Provide leadership in collaborating with parishes to establish a culture of inclusion for couples in all stages of their relationships; and assist in forming a culture of invitation and hospitality to unmarried couples.
- Promote diocesan policies for Marriage Preparation.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate diocesan Marriage Preparation with a focus onbeing parish-based.
- Provide and/or facilitate authentic pastoral support for those who are in allstages of divorce and separation, including those separated by deployment or
- Provide and/or facilitate authentic pastoral support for the LGBTQ communityand families.
- Develop networking among parishes to share resources and best practices.
- Maximize creative use of all channels of communication to deliver information,including social media.
OTHER OR SHARED RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate opportunities in sacramental prep with Directors of Faith Formation and the Hispanic Apostolate to engage parents into parish life.
- Collaborate with and support a diocesan task force to establish best practices to support couples preparing for marriage.
- Collaborate with and support the diocesan task force to establish parish-based mentors to welcome and accompany young adults and couples into full participation of church life.THIS POSITION SUPERVISES:
- Natural Family Planning Coordinators.
- Respect Life Coordinator.
- Supervises/coordinates with Administrative Assistant.
- Master’s degree in Theology, Pastoral Ministry or related field required. Five years or more proven administration and leadership working for a Catholic parish or organization preferred
- Experience in family ministryLANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write and speak fluent English and Spanish at a professional level. Ability to relate and communicate with a wide range of ethnic and cultural communities. Excellent composition, writing and presentation skills.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Proficiency in Microsoft Office, basic knowledge of internet applications and social media platforms.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: The employee must demonstrate a history of effective leadership, good judgment, initiative, confidentiality, discretion; and professionalism. Must be a practicing Roman Catholic and must be committed to the mission of the Church with the ability to work with various ethnic cultures.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and cover letter to Christina Dickson at email@example.com