Full-time position for Director of Faith Formation for Marriage and Family Life
The Diocese of Erie is seeking an energetic and faith-driven leader with a passion for faith formation across the lifespan to serve as the Director of Faith Formation for Marriage and Family Life in its newly created Faith Formation Office. He/she will be a part of the ongoing development of a collaborative vision for lifelong faith formation in the Diocese of Erie. He/she will report to the Executive Director of Faith Formation.
The successful candidate will:
- • Demonstrate a strong commitment to faith formation across the lifespan.
- • Be visionary and forward-looking and utilize multi-generational faith formation opportunities.
- • Relate well to lay, clergy and parishioners alike.
- • Provide mentoring and leadership to lay volunteers.
Required qualifications include:
- • Master’s degree in theology, marriage and family ministry, religious studies, pastoral ministry or related field.
- • Minimum of five (5) years of experience in pastoral, therapeutic or human service field with demonstrated leadership responsibility.
- • Working knowledge of Marriage Preparation programs (Pre-Cana, Nova, and Engagement Encounter), as well as FOCCUS instrument.
- • Demonstrated ability to be self-directed in work habits.
- • Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing.
For best consideration, please apply by March 22, 2019. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Scroll down for full position profile.
(*Note* - Please see below for titles of other positions available within the Faith Formation Office.)
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, references and a signed and completed job Application Form in one of two ways:
1) Email all materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Application form must be completed, signed and scanned.)
2) Mail to HR, Attn: Faith Formation Search, 429 East Grandview Blvd., Erie, PA 16504
(*Note*) The Diocese of Erie, after a fruitful and collaborative diocesan planning process resulting in the creation of the Faith Formation Office, is seeking energetic and faith-driven leaders to serve in the following positions: Director of Faith Formation for Catechesis and Sacraments, Director of Faith Formation for Parish Support, Director of Faith Formation for Marriage and Family Life and Director of Faith Formation for Young Adult and Youth Ministry. Applicants who wish to apply for more than one position should write a separate cover letter for each position.