DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATION
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM – Monday thru Friday
Wage: $55,000 - $63,000 (DOQ)
Competitive fringe benefits including, medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, vacation and sick leave; defined benefit retirement plan; long-term disability plan; Life Insurance policy and paid holidays.
We welcome those with a marketing background to apply.
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Cheyenne, is recruiting for the position of Director of Communications.The Director of Communications is responsible for coordinating internal and external communications and public relations for the Diocese of Cheyenne, on behalf of the Bishop. The Director manages and directs diocesan communication strategies and activities with both the general public and Catholics and does so consistent with diocesan policies, goals and guidelines. In addition, this position includes the communication and oversight of diocesan appeals.
- Counsels the Bishop, Chancery staff, pastors and leaders of Catholic Institutions on a consistent Diocesan message on issues of importance to the Church. Contributes public relations viewpoints and media perceptions to help in formulating organizational decisions.
- Develops and maintains relationships with representatives of the media. Serves as a spokesperson for the Bishop and coordinates responses to media requests and inquiries.
- Advises pertinent diocesan staff in regard to media relations.
- Oversees and coordinates content across diverse media platforms to promote the visibility of the day-to-day life of the Church.
- Prepares statements, letters, and information releases. Promotes news coverage for the Bishop, Chancery staff and other Catholic Institutions. Coordinates the production of special communications as required.
- Advises parishes and other parochial entities regarding communications, public relations, information management, and so forth.
Communication and Oversight of Diocesan Appeals:
Oversees material and communication for the diocesan appeals, including but not limited to, Living and Giving in Christ: Unity through Diocesan Ministries and the seminarian collection.
- Prepares the annual budget for the Communication office.
- Performs related duties, responsibilities and extra projects as assigned.
3. Oversees Catholic Extension, Catholic Home Mission, Catholic Campaign for Human Development, and Black and Indian Mission grants, which requires approximately fifteen to twenty hours each year.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills, utilizing a multifaceted means of communication across diverse media platforms.
- Work well with clergy, diocesan advisory bodies, other diocesan personnel, parish personnel, and the general public.
- Collaborative style; team builder with effective employee-relations skills.
- Work independently and determine priorities and direction.
- Excellent decision-making skills; the ability to cope with considerable stress and the capacity to multi-task.
- Broad knowledge of Catholic teachings and doctrine and willingness to grow in personal understanding of the faith.
- Travel throughout the Diocese of Cheyenne.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw validconclusions.
- Maintain strict confidentiality, discussing church business only with the person(s) necessary to carry out the assigned responsibilities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Public Relations, Business Administration or Non-Profit Administration or related fields.
Three to five years of communication experience preferred.
Fully initiated, practicing Catholic in good standing and of proven faith, good morals and good reputation.Compliance with diocesan Safe Environment protocols through Catholic Mutual Group;
background check, safe environment training and driving requirements.
How to Apply:
Submit an Application, Letter of Interest and a current resume by mail, e-mail, online, or in person by September 2, 2019 to:
Tammy Skala, Human Resource Director Diocese of Cheyenne
2121 Capitol Ave
Cheyenne, WY 82001
Find all information online: www.dioceseofcheyenne.org/employment.html