Director of Advancement
Background and Opportunity
Lumen Christi Academies (LCA) is a network of seven Catholic Elementary Schools in the Diocese of Oakland. LCA seeks tooffer a faith-based environment that reflects the diversity of our communities and ignites students to be the light of Christ in the world. We attract, support and holistically form students, families and teachers. We are building a firm financial foundation to innovate our programs and facilities to ensure equitable access to excellence for all.
LCA’s Advancement Director is responsible for development and for implementing an annual fundraising plan, major gift solicitation strategy, and for overseeing the organization’s foundation relationships and grant submission process. This is a full time, senior level position with benefits and a salary range of $90,000 – $120,000, depending on depth of experience and sustained, demonstrable record of raising annual funds of at least $1.5 million. The Advancement Director will report directly to the Executive Director and will work closely with the Board of Directors.
We are seeking an innovative, entrepreneurial philanthropic leader with 5+ years of experience in fundraising and major gift solicitation. Our annual fundraising goal is $2 million.
Seeking Candidates with the Following qualifications
- Demonstrated success researching and identifying potential funding sources
- Solid track record of meeting fundraising goals in excess of $1MM
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Broad knowledge regarding elementary Catholic education and preferably experience working with under-resourced schools
- Successful track record of success working with diverse communities
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills; fundraising database knowledge and skills preferable
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and follow through on projects
- Ability to work under time constraints, as well as the ability to manage competing priorities and multiple deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
The primary responsibility of the Advancement Director is to build a strong and robust annual funding program for the LCA network of schools. More specifically, this position will:
- Provide leadership for long-range planning and approve the development plan that reflects the mission of the LCA.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, implement a comprehensive development plan.
- Build and maintain positive relationships among the internal and external constituencies comprising the Bay Area Catholic and philanthropic community.
- Establish an annual fund drive which would include direct mail, events, and major gifts.
- Establish a major gift strategy in collaboration with the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Oversee LCA’s gift processing, donor communication and correspondence, and written collateral
- Manage foundation relationships and supervise a contractual grant writer
- Research and solicit gifts from individual donors
- Produce quarterly development reports for the Executive Director and board members to guide funding policies and decisions, donor stewardship, and donor cultivation.
- Establish standards for individual school fund raising activities: at open houses, family events, community fund raisers (lunches, dinners, concerts, fairs, etc.)