Catholic Family Services – Birmingham, AL is a non-profit family service and child welfare agency seeking to fill a full time position for Director based in Birmingham, AL.
The Director position is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the agency, providing individual counseling for adults and supporting the mission of the Bishop of the Diocese of Birmingham.
Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related degree.
- Administrative experience as a manager or supervisor in counseling or social services agency
- Required LICSW, LPC, LMFT or comparable license/eligibility
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to respond calmly and non-judgmentally to others, including persons in crisis
- Ability to lead, supervise and evaluate agency personnel
- Ability to demonstrate cultural and socioeconomic proficiency
- Understanding of counseling modalities used in treatment of Depressive and Anxiety Disorders
- Understanding of adoptions and foster care services
- Knowledge of community foundations and grant proposal writing
- Willingness to understand and support Catholic morality and Social Teaching
- Respect the dignity and humanity of each person in care
- Be a practicing Catholic who accepts allChurch teachings on faith and morals.
Benefits include Paid Leave/Holidays, Health Insurance, Life Insurance & Retirement Plan
Interested candidates should email resumes to Scott Bowen, Interim Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
“The Diocese of Birmingham is an equal opportunity employer”