Sisters of the Holy Family
Job Title: Development /Communications Manager
Reports To: Congregational President
POSITION SUMMARY: The Development /Communications Manager is responsible for communicating the mission of Sisters of the Holy Family (SHF) to our donors and Family of Friends through general communications and through fundraising programs. This includes overseeing the donor data base and various social media means of communications such as the SHF website, Facebook and Twitter.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the development and distribution of the Family of Friends newsletter, ensuring quality and timeliness of distribution.
- Develops and maintains a production schedule.
- Schedule and conduct interviews of individual SHF sisters and associates for the purpose of publication in Family of Friends newsletter.
- Oversees website and social media.
- Creates content and manages design for social media purposes such as with Facebook and Twitter.
- Drafts sponsorship ad in event programs, and special tributes in publications.
- Reviews communications coming from the Dioceses of Oakland and San Jose and the Archdiocese of San Francisco enabling a response as needed.
- Develop and implement a strategic and effective fundraising plan for current appeals with projected increase in revenue.
- Propose new fundraising opportunities.
- Manage the donor data base system and processes to ensure standards and consistent procedures are followed to safeguard accuracy and information.
- Ensures accurate and timely updates of the Congregation’s information database.
- Creates routine development reports to the leadership as requested.
- Generates thank you letters for donations received.
- Provides direct supervision to volunteers.
- Stay current on cyber liability issues.
Actively collaborates with communication personnel from other religious communities.
- a) Regularly seeks avenues to improve communications for SHF.
- b) Regularly attends Mission San Jose Chamber of Commerce meetings
- Other Duties as assigned.
Directly supervises any volunteers.
Five years of experience in public relations (directly or managerially)
Experience coordinating social and fundraising events
Ability to manage volunteers effectively and motivationally.
Ability to write speeches and articles and design brochures and newsletters using original or innovative techniques or style.
Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations to public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
Experience preparing and writing grants.
Understanding of the Catholic faith and the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Family.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in related field and a minimum of five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Congregation of the Sisters of the Holy Family, a community of Roman Catholic Sisters, was founded in San Francisco, California in 1872 and is located today in Fremont, California. The Sisters of the Holy Family take strong local and national leadership in religious education for children, adults and the physically and mentally challenged.
To learn more about the mission and vision of the Sisters of the Holy Family visit: http://www.holyfamilysisters.org
To Apply: In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please send your resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.