Catholic Family Services – Birmingham, AL is a non-profit family service and child welfare agency seeking to fill a full time position for Counselor based in Birmingham, AL.
The Counselor position is responsible for providing individual counseling for adults/children and supporting the Director and the mission of Catholic Family Services.
Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related degree.
- Required LMSW, LICSW, LPC, LMFT or comparable license/eligibility
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to respond calmly and non-judgmentally to others, including persons in crisis
- Ability to work with a team while evidencing ability to think critically; plan and carry independent work when directed by the Director
- Ability to demonstrate cultural and socioeconomic proficiency
- Understanding of counseling modalities used in treatment of Depressive and Anxiety Disorders
- Willingness to understand and support Catholic Morality and Social Teaching
- Respect the dignity and humanity of each person in care
- Spanish proficiency preferred
- Be a practicing Catholic who accepts all Church teaching on faith and morals.
Benefits include Paid Leave/Holidays, Health Insurance, Life Insurance & Retirement Plan
Interested candidates should email resumes to Scott Bowen, Interim Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
“The Diocese of Birmingham is an equal opportunity employer”