DIOCESE OF CLEVELAND
The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland was founded on April 23, 1847. Under the current leadership of the Most Reverend Nelson J. Perez, Bishop of Cleveland, it is the twenty-third largest diocese in the United States. The diocese encompasses the Ohio counties of Cuyahoga, Summit, Lorain, Lake, Geauga, Medina, Wayne and Ashland. There are more than 670,000 Catholics in the diocese, and Catholic Charities-Diocese of Cleveland is one of the largest diocesan systems of social services in the world. There are 185 parishes, 111 Catholic schools, and one mission and one pastoral center in the diocese.
The Diocese of Cleveland sponsors a healthcare plan that supports nearly 10,000 members and has an annual budget of approximately $60 million. Healthcare benefits are available to employees and family members of Diocesan organizations, as well as other Catholic entities that operate within the eight county footprint.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Under general supervision, the candidate will provide clerical and administrative support for diocesan health and pension benefits. Candidate will assist in the continued implementation of software and database programs. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, data entry, database management, monthly invoicing, answering calls, mailings and special projects.
- Accurate computer entry of new/update health benefits applications
- Maintaining and tracking spousal surcharge database
- Printing, checking, and mailing monthly invoices; correcting as necessary
- Explaining benefits coverage and claims processing to employees
- Assist in coordinating annual or special projects
- Performs other functions as assigned incidental to benefits
- Demonstrated strong commitment to the values, mission, and ministry of the Catholic Church and the Diocese of Cleveland.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education and training/certification preferred. Relative experience in lieu of formal education and training is considered for meeting the preferred qualification.
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word
- Must be able to work quickly and accurately doing detail-oriented work
- Must be willing and able to work as a team member and exhibit flexibility with regards to assigned tasks
- Must be able to keep organized while handling and prioritizing multiple tasks
- Ability to work under general supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn job-related material primarily through on-the-job instruction.
- Prior experience in an employee benefits, pension or human resources related environment preferred
- Experience in technology implementation and process evolution in an employee benefits or similar environment preferred
- Experience with health insurance companies, benefits plans, claims processing, and claims resolution preferred
- Must pass security and background check
For consideration, please submit cover letter, resume, contact information for three professional references, and completed Diocese of Cleveland Employment Application to email@example.com. Position is open until filled.