Qualified candidates should forward a letter of interest and resume to: Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Associate Director of Young Adult Ministry, under the supervision of the OFD Director, has responsibility for providing specialized expertise for young adult ministry and campus ministry needs, with an emphasis on advancing the mission of evangelization and discipleship formation among young adults (ages 18-39), through networking among ministry leaders and developing, identifying, and promoting resources and models for comprehensive and effective ministry to and with young adults in parishes, colleges, and other auxiliary arenas throughout the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
- Serves as a Young Adult Ministry consultant and liaison to parishes/missions and college Catholic campus ministry centers; collaborates with other OFD staff to provide consultant services in accordance with parish needs throughout the geographically, culturally, and ethnically diverse Archdiocese of Atlanta.
- Develops and implements a strategy, goals, and objectives for young adult ministry in accordance with the Church’s teaching and current realities facing young adults, with emphasis on evangelization, discipleship formation, pastoral care, vocational discernment, and leadership—includes identifying, assessing, and promoting effective models and best practices for young adult ministry in the Archdiocese of Atlanta, with attention to the distinct needs related to cultural diversity as well as to the different states or stages of life within young adulthood.
- Promotes a young adult ministry perspective within OFD, the Chancery, and the Archdiocese, fostering attention to the needs of young adults and opportunities for collaboration and leadership.
- Develops and implements a vision for college Catholic campus ministry in the Archdiocese, fostering networking, sharing of best practices, and professional growth among campus ministry leaders.
- Coordinates leader formation & training opportunities for young adult ministry and campus ministry leaders and builds and maintains a network among leaders.
- Collaborates with OFD team to strategize and develop a renewed focus on adult evangelization and faith formation in the Archdiocese, in light of the Pastoral Plan.
- Maintains currency on initiatives from USCCB and other relevant Church professional organizations and networks.
- Oversees and collaborates with the volunteer organizing committee for the annual Awakening Retreat and summer series “On the Deck” for college students.
- Plans, oversees and implements the REVIVE (Young Adult) Track of the annual Eucharistic Congress in collaboration with the EC Steering Committee.
- Collaborates with other archdiocesan offices such as the Office of Intercultural and Ethnic Diversity, the Office of Vocations, and the Office of Life, Dignity and Justice.
- Regularly collaborates with OFD team, contributes resource suggestions and articles to OFD newsletters, and performs other duties as assigned in accordance with OFD vision and goals.
Education and/or Experience:
- Masters degree in theology, pastoral ministry, religious education or equivalent.
- Minimum five (5) years of leadership experience in diocesan or parish religious education/formation.
- Leadership experience in ministry to young adults, especially ministry in multicultural settings.
- Practicing Catholic with pastoral ministry experience in multicultural context.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is strongly recommended.
- Strong interpersonal and communication ability with particular emphasis on speaking and presentation skills.
- Must have strong leadership ability and personnel management skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to assess the needs of parish young adult ministry and campus ministry leadership
- Ability to provide leadership in a highly multicultural context with diplomacy, respect, and with the goal of providing solution-support to ministry leaders.
- Ability to independently plan, prioritize and organize to meet OFD goals and deadlines.
- Ability to relate to and work with others in a cooperative manner and in a team model.
- Excellent project management and time management skills.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Operating knowledge of social media.
- This position will involve recurring evening and weekend work.
- Incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and be able to travel regionally within Central and North Georgia.
- Incumbent must be up to date on all required safe environment training and background checks, including transportation/MVR.
- The work week is generally 37.5 hours per week on a year round basis; however the position requires a willingness and flexibility in work hours when necessary to fulfill job responsibilities. Employee is subject to Personnel Policies and procedures prescribed for all personnel.
- The above statements are intended to generally describe the work being performed by individuals holding this position. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of the responsibilities, tasks, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate description of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or require other tasks be performed when circumstances arise (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, rush job, technological developments, etc.) Based on established department or facility standards, employee may not perform all of the duties listed in this job description.