NACPA Convocation brings members from around the country together to learn from experts in HR and the world of HR in the Church. All those who have succeeded in creating a better and more prosperous environment, through the field of HR, within their communities. NACPA Convocation connects our members with up-to-date, tactics, policies and skills, from 3 Plenary Speakers, 16 Workshop Sessions, Hot-Topic Roundtables, Intimate Forums, Speaker Chats, and over 20 Exhibitors.
- All who work in HR related fields for the Church
- Finance Directors / Managers
- Human Resource Associates
- Human Resource Directors
- Parish Managers / Business Managers
- Principals / Heads of School
- Religious Community HR Directors & Associates / Business / Finance Managers
Registration will open November 1, 2019.
Early Bird – Nov 1 through Dec 31 – $530
Regular – Jan 1 through March 31 – $590
Late – April 1 through May 3 – $700
Early Bird – Nov 1 through Dec 31 – $690
Regular – Jan 1 through March 31 – $700
Late – April 1 through May 3 – $800
Speaker Rate – $530
Call for 2020 Speakers
Would you like to present a workshop at NACPA 2020, or know of someone who may wish to present? We are always looking for new speakers with relevant and timely topics in the field of HR and HR within the world of the Church.
Topics of Interest
- Drug use in a legalized community
- How to respond to substance abuse crisis
- How to serve and respond to LGBTQIA+ community as employees, students and community members
- How to initiate good pay practices
- Managing change
- Multigenerational workforce / Millennial Clergy
- Mastering the art of negotiation
Please fill out the Speaker Proposal below and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 9, 2020 for consideration. Selected speakers will be notified by October 14th.
NACPA has a very small budget for our speakers. If you require an honorarium and/or travel expenses in order to present, please include that request in your proposal. All speakers will receive the following: the special Speaker’s Rate for registration which provides access to the opening reception and Social, two continental breakfasts, Tuesday lunch and the closing Social and 2020 Awards Banquet Dinner. It also grants access to the plenary sessions and workshop sessions. Speakers will be featured in the Convocation program and on the Convocation web site.
- 2020 Registration is not complimentary for speakers or co-speakers.
- All workshop sessions present either Monday or Tuesday, please see past Convocation programs (below) for further schedule reference. If you have a scheduling conflict with either day, please make that known in the form.
- Our workshop audiences range from 15 to 40 participants.
- Plan to bring 30-35 copies of any handheld materials you may wish to provide.
- Workshop sessions run one-hour and fifteen minutes.
- Rooms will be set in classroom style, with a desk, a podium, a screen and a projector. Plan to provide your own laptop to present from. The hookups are usually PC compatible. Please bring adaptors if you’re working from a Mac.
- Internet cannot be guaranteed. Plan to download any videos you might play beforehand or utilize a personal hotspot.
- Plan for a 10-minute Q&A session at the end of your presentation.
- Read the form and gather all supporting materials before completing the form. This will ensure a complete and well-thought-out submission.
- If you will have a co-speaker, but do not have a final name, please enter TBD.
- Think about the participant first and present with the mindset that attendees will leave your session with actionable take-aways that can be applied to better their workplace. Answer the question, as an attendee, how can I apply this to my workplace/role?
- Present “real-life” examples, not just an abstract theory.
- Your session title should realistically reflect your session and should be interesting and compelling. Your title is your ten-second elevator pitch that will garner the interest of attendees.
- If you are presenting as an exhibitor/organization you must be endorsed by a NACPA member.
- If you are presenting as an exhibitor/organization, you may not utilize your session as a platform to sell your product or organization.
Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town
800 RIO GRANDE BLVD. NW | ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO 87104 | PHONE: 505.843.6300
*Room blocks and special NACPA rate to be released this fall.